Skip to main content

Who can you talk to?

  • An adult that you trust – Your other parent, a relative, a friend’s parent 
  • A teacher you like or a guidance counsellor in your school. They will know how to help you
  • An organisation that helps young people who are being affected by alcohol
  • Helplines where you can share your worries anonymously (you don’t have to give your name). For example, you can call Childline on 1800 66 66 66 or text TALK to 50101. Or call the HSE Alcohol Helpline free on 1800 459 459.

These people will know what to do if you tell them that you are having problems because of alcohol. If you don't get the help you need, don't give up. Ask someone else

Want to know more?

If you think you or someone else at home is in danger, call Tusla - the Child and Family Agency or the Gardaí on 999 / 112.

service finder

Where to get help

Find your nearest support group, by selecting your county below